Yes, there were riots at the US Embassy today in Belgrade. Also Slovenian Embassy. There's some video here. Also here is B92 coverage.
I've learned also that I'm a bringer of evil. That's what some of them say on the news - my Serbian has definitely improved.
Perhaps on a slightly irreverent note, I must add that today my cumin lost its will to live and plunged from my spice rack. Coincidence? No. Moved by its plight (as well as its own identity being in question - was it really cumin seeds after all? Or caraway?), separated from other spices by glass, perhaps also it harbored sympathies for those who also want to be apart, independent. Even if that independence means leaving via the trash bag. Sacrifice and all that.
So yes, they've stormed the McDonald's downtown. But I'm safe. And plan to continue being so. Reminds me of when I was in Paris during the riots - there I wasn't a car or police officer; here I'm not a public building so not a good target for rioting. I'll post more as I know it. But still no one seems to be really worried yet.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ah, irreverence is so....irreverent. but there is a seed (ha) of truth in the whole of it.
mum
Post a Comment