Tuesday, June 21, 2011

English Episodes #14 - Final CAE fun

Some amusing incidents from the last few weeks of my CAE course:

  • Playing Taboo: big chimpanzee to gorilla to Godzilla. What?
  • I gave my students chopsticks for good luck before their exam. When we all went for Japanese food a few weeks ago everyone not from Asia had been excited to perfect their skills. My Korean students told me that it's a Korean tradition to give a small gift before an exam, like chopsticks. So culturally savvy I am!
  • Shocking class with my new, short haircut. "It looks like you!" says a student. (I hope so).
  • Some students are describing a picture of a wizard with a "magic stick." I explain that this is a significantly different item than a magic wand, which is what is in fact pictured.
  • "I fly with my private jet."
I'll miss them for sure.

1 comment:

anne said...

cool about the chopstix. Would love to see your new "short hair cut". Mine is DRIVING ME NUTS (it's not short, it's In Between and Annoying)..everyone here has been asking about your teaching and wishes you well!