June is a great month (and not just because it's my birthday!). I've successfully completed teaching my Cambridge CAE class; students did written exam on Wednesday, speaking test on Thursday. They were a great bunch and really bonded in what seems like a meaningful way. We had lots of fun at the end, playing silly games (one learned that Charlie Sheen is known for cocaine use - shocker, right?!?) and generally trying to not stress about the looming exam. I had them over to my house for class on Friday and everyone brought food from their country, a mix of Korean and Swiss starches it was with noodle and bread-based mains, pudding cake and my world-famous chocolate chip cookies for dessert.
The funniest part? When one came in with a 18 pack of Budweiser - I can't remember the last time I saw anyone drinking such a thing.
It's a weekend of birthdays, so popping around to parties around the city. Mine will be Sunday since Monday isn't an ideal party day... Impressed because I actually already have the supplies on hand. Plus a long RSVP'd list. Tres exciting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so how did it go, your party? congrats on finishing up the CAE so well. What happens NEXT???
Post a Comment