Wednesday, November 17, 2010

English updates

From the classroom this week (beginning level English):

Americans sell drugs in the supermarket. They also have walking coffee. (Just wait, Starbucks will bring this out next year, coffee that follows you).

I, Bethany, am a caveman since I don't have a TV, iPhone, and use a paper planner. How backwards!

From a fellow teacher: "Imagine a world of awkwardness."
Me: "I'm in England! I'm in England!"
Oddly enough, the Brit in the room laughed while an American made an offended face.

Laura Croft and Napoleon would be a good match because they both like guns. Cleopatra and Harry Potter because she likes younger men. (This comes from a speed dating role play they did where everyone was some character/historical figure. Barbie, Snow White, and Batman also took part.)

Two students went to the Castro yesterday and saw a naked man.
Me: "He was naked?"
Student 1 (pause): "Well, he was wearing boots."
Student 2: "And a backpack."
Me: "So not completely naked."
Student 1: "Well no. But we're from conservative country. You don't see things like that."
Thank goodness for the gays.

1 comment:

anne said...

ROF LOL, as it were :)