The summer seems to be a month of change for me. Birthday last month aside, I've got a new class, some new writing clients, and will be starting my grad program next month. I'm also moving at the end of this month into a new apartment. There are things to pack, furniture to debate keeping or selling, and organization to be had. Good thing I've been writing about professional organizers here recently! It's mostly exciting, not overwhelming (though I'll be hiring movers for the first time - back preservation says no lifting for me! Especially not with 1 flight of stairs going out, another going into new place).
I also saw Tales of the City at the A.C.T. last weekend. What a musical musical. I think they tried to jam every 70's reference ever into it, but I found the tales of these different residents on an imaginary San Francisco street engaging and amusing (for the most part). The stories were serialized and come in many volumes, though I've yet to read them. However, I've also become addicted to Alexander McCall Smith's 44 Scotland Street series. These are also serial stories published first in a newspaper (see the theme?) and hysterically funny to brutally honest by turns. I find them almost impossible to put down, especially since the short chapters mean you can read just one more. And then one more. And then yet another.
See what happens when I join summer reading? SFPL tracks your reading by time, not pages. I just signed up and need to post some backdated reading times, but I'm fairly sure that I read at least 40 hours in two months. As do most of the people I know, though our material is wide-ranging.
There may be photos of apartment transformations in the next month, but look for student and birthday party ones sooner than that.
Saturday, July 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment