Yes. I have been slacking on this here blog front.
Now that's out in the open - my birthday was grand. Chocolate fondue fountain is always a success. Also champagne. And good company. I was pleased by the whole event, especially one of my favorite customers who, finding out it was my birthday, went and got me flowers that she brought back a few moments later. I love that woman. They were gorgeous too...
Mike and I trekked to Seattle for a not so relaxing vacation involving his friend Genna getting married (which was a grand occasion and one of the quickest ceremonies I have ever been to in my life. Under ten minutes I think). It was fabulous to meet his friends from Boise and explore a new city that actually does experience summer. We rode a ferry and resolved to do more riding in boats; it's always a good time.
Fourth of July brought hordes to our home for 6 racks of ribs plus tons of other dead animal parts on the grill (with fixin's); a diverse mix made our stoop into a block party as all the roommates had friends (and their friends) show up. We discovered that people don't do much on sidewalks here so we got some funny looks. But the foldup couch/futon is a great seating arrangement next to the little tree out front. And watching fireworks through fog is kind of like being on the ground during the blitz. There's haze of colored lights, not the details. Especially as they explode in the fog so you get half firework, half fuzzy light.
Sarah's ribs were off the hook. BBQ sauce was a revelation - it simmered for seemingly hours on the stove. Have I mentioned that I love my roommates?
The job search is revived again. Will keep you posted. Promise.
In other recent news, got a visit from uncle Jim and aunt Chuck, cousins Henry & Joe. We walked around a large part of San Francisco. Ate sourdough, got fortune cookies from a bakery/factory... and walked some more. I loved it!
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
glad to see an update! miss reading the blog!
bestest thoughts on tomorrow.
hey, ed says hello!
Post a Comment