Tuesday, August 11, 2009

C is for cookie

Job hunting is never easy, but I've landed another part time gig (to start) working at Paulette, a small place 5 minutes from my house that sells French macarons (delicious cookies). The owner is a Parisian woman who I talked to months ago about English classes. That's still a possibility, but as we talked more about food and my work in coffee and the neighborhood she asked if I'd be interested for working with her at the shop. Yum, yes! I start tomorrow officially and am totally pumped. Even if I will be working double shifts the next 2 days - 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. with an hour off in between. Woo!

The summer mural class I was co-teaching was a rousing success as well; we finished it yesterday even though our dedicated mass of students had dwindled. I'll try to get a photo up sometime soon; need to go and take one once we've finished the edges. And they've figured out where to hang it.

So times, they are a changin' for the better. I can't wait to speak French and English during a shift and work in a totally different service environment to see what that's like. I also interviewed with an international relocation company yesterday and will be put into their tutor network for working with their clients, it sounds much like what I was doing in Beograd. Good stuff...

2 comments:

anne said...

awesome awesome awesome! and fun to be reading on the blog again! will tell folks to go back to checking it, here at ocpl ;-0)

maaaa

anne said...

oh my -- went to the link for paulette!! YUM!! not terribly pricey either, and the photography is AMAZING!!! so is your boss someone other than paulette herself, as it were? next time you head to indiana, you must bring samples! wonderous gift for nana, who adores "macaroons" :) (moi, aussi)