I'm thrilled because I've procured a ticket home to Indiana for a bit over a week in April (huzzah frequent flyer miles coming in handy for once) AND filed my taxes in the same evening. A burst of productivity to counterbalance the general feeling of blah that working early Sunday morning often brings on (along with naps... those are generally good though).
My sister Cassie just left from spending her spring break here - it was a grand old time, lots and lots of walking around the city (unsurprising I know) and she got to meet some of my friends, eat delicious food, and get a little tan. What more do you need? We spent Friday wandering Berkeley, meeting up with Sally before taking naps on the campus lawn in the sun. Spring must be here.
Yesterday after running to the airport I came out of the BART to find a bunch of police facing off with anti-war protesters - heavy. And disturbing way to come home. Luckily there was an incredible dinner at Cortez to look forward to in the evening; the chef is a regular at Peet's and it was a lovely, delicious time with lots of small plates and bubbles to go with. Who knew that jasmine ice cream 1) was a good idea and 2) went so well with mint-chocolate lava cake? I do now! It was also grand to spend time with all housemates as well as the lovely Maren as we nibbled our way through seemingly countless dishes. I'll be going back for sure.
Things just got to keep getting better. Right?
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When are you heading back home to IN? Tell everyone hello from me. I wish I could go with you :)
Sounds like you are living the good life in SF!
Happy for you :)
Post a Comment