WOOOOOOOO inauguration. A little girl kept saying Obama was a present, not the president. Perhaps a bit of both.
In the spirit of "yes. we. can." the roommate/housing saga has progressed to a whole new level. Apparently when someone says "I'm committed 110%" it actually means that they can then tell you the day before you're supposed to sign your lease that, well, ummm, he's backing out because there's something he likes better that's possible. On Friday (and it's Tuesday evening). And he wants the biggest room (though the two that share one are paying equal rent to all other house members).
Today I told customers I was full of ire. They seemed taken aback.
But, wait, you say. It's the time of CHANGE. Of NEW direction. So Mike, Sarah, and I did what anyone sane would do - we signed a lease tonight and have started looking for a roommate. It's cheap, centrally located in Hayes Valley. Our landlady is wonderful already - she said she was hoping that we'd come back after Sarah and Mike had looked at the house weeks ago. She even spontaneously hugged Sarah when she found out her job as a chef. And our idea of having a rack of ribs bbq once the back yard renovations are done. (Yes, we have a yard. In the middle of the city).
I posted not even a half hour ago, already two responses from responsible sounding grad students. Woot! Feel free to guess how many I get in one day - I'll post the answer soon!
Take that to people who aren't honest. And taking destiny into own hands... Now to start making our home. It's heady stuff - the day has gotten much much better.
But ask me about describing tea tastes. I may or may not have said to the trainer that since I don't eat leather (or hay or other fodder) that I can't quite get to saying the brew tastes like that. It was silly, especially since another attendee and I discovered that if you squint right you can make anything sound serious when it comes to descriptions. "Composty" "Wet" "Woodsy" "Complex"
Just try it. Think "blue steel" and run with it.
Delicious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You, my darling dear, are wonderful. Glad your patient persistence has paid off. Don't we love alliteration?!?!? I'm so proud of you.
she was raised right, obviously, was our mooch :)
arms in sleeves.
can you have a garden? containers? I can teach you how :)
mum
b safe
Post a Comment