Saturday, January 17, 2009

Happy, um, mid-January?

We threw a party Thursday night because, well, we live in a dance studio. It was surprisingly good times, though not everyone came that said they would we had some new guests and a whole lot of yum chili and snacks. Mike, Sally, and I also rigged up the projector to hit the disco ball and then thought one better - put movies on it! So the original Batman with Adam West provided ceiling entertainment. It was a good party and I'm glad my strategy in Belgrade - invite everyone you know and then see what fun ensues - carried across the ocean.

Housing hunt is demoralizing. But we've found another roommate that allows us to look for bigger places, which has been a success so far. He's a graphic designer, been in the city awhile, and appears to be entertained by our antics. Whew.

I've now gone to a coffee training for work - we tasted SO many and talked about body, if it was dry and lingering or a clean finish, origins and why they make a difference. After that I BARTed over to Berkeley and met Sally and Sarah, ran off to help Cole move a couch. And yes, that's more excellent news - Cole, my old college roommate, has moved to the Bay! His partner, Al, will be going to law school at Berkeley come the fall and currently is working for a non-profit that assists those on death row. Cole's way into bikes and we have plans for riding, gallivanting and general chilling.

Which will be infinitely easier once we have a new house. Lease ends 31st so time is counting down... Unfortunately I've become a bit one track about it. So hopefully this week we'll get things wrapped up.

No comments: