Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Comings and Goings

Mike left this morning - I wish that traveling didn't require leaving sometimes. We had a rockin' good time here in BGD and it was beyond wonderful to have him around once again. I threw an impromptu party Saturday (invited people Friday morning) and while my apartment was STUFFED with people, everyone had a fantastic time (or so they said). Finally I got a bunch of people together that I've been wanting to meet for a long time. Knowing people in such convoluted ways, it's even more amusing to try and explain to them how we all know each other (even better was that many brought friends I didn't know, the circle ever-expands). The downside was having to be awake, dressed and functional for a lesson at noon on Sunday (yes, I worked on Easter); but totally worth it. Now if only a bunch of restaurants/cafes hadn't decided they would close for renovations this week (one night two out of three of my ideas for dinner weren't open) life would be even more perfect.

I head to Venice tomorrow morning for a little over a week. I'm sure there will be many stories to tell afterwards; here's seeing how Italian goes after all this Slavic language exposure. It's late and I have to get up early, so here's hoping your Easter was a good one (that included chocolate bunnies if possible) and that this weird March weather settles down a bit (snow, rain, sleet, and sun happened today in almost every sequence imaginable).

No comments: