It's Friday. Sarah needs new shoes. So, time for shoe shopping!
We end up at Nordstrom after looking at other options. Poking around for a clog substitute, not having very much success. Finally we ask someone for help - this is the joy of Nordstrom. Amazing customer service. Katie brings out stacks of things, most of which Sarah rejects quickly. She has a vision. Then we see some shoes by Faryl Robin and they are highly excellent, interesting boots and flats. So start trying on some more - since Sarah and I wear basically the same size it's fun to sample her rejects myself.
Suddenly Faryl Robin is there herself helping zip up a boot. She just happened to be in the store for an event and is excited about playing around with everything and anything. She gets Sarah to try on some wedges that are extremely excellent, though something she never would have tried herself. It's great. We talk about wearability, Sarah's restaurant, the joys of walking for miles in a pair of shoes. Finally Sarah settles to treat herself, birthday style, on some Millie calf high boots (which I love) and those Ella wedges which are I suppose ankle boots really, but so much more interesting. I'm excited because I asked what kind of leather the higher ones were, guessing goat, and it turns out I was right! How's that for talent? We discuss how using leather is actually nicer for the environment since not putting chemicals into water (which is what synthetics require) and Faryl promises to come by Sarah's restaurant the next time she's in town. We get Katie's number and talk about going dancing this weekend. Success!
Then it's time for a mani (me) peti (Sarah) as she prepares for a friend's wedding this weekend. What a great afternoon.
Sunday, September 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
fun read! sounds like a good time! meeting the designer, how awesome!
Post a Comment