Thursday, July 15, 2010

The visit of the young D...

My lovely brother Michael D came to visit for the first week of July and it was a blast. We walked around a bunch, I got some extra time off so we could go to Muir Woods and along the coast, museums, fourth of July party at Jaylan's place...

And we ate. A ton. Mike and I realized that we can pretend to be totally VIP since we know enough folks in the restaurants we frequent. Which is pretty cool. D seemed to be down for sushi, Indian, Asian fusion, whatever we fancied and thus we ate our way around the city. And then ate some more. And walked some more. I enjoyed going to the California Academy of Sciences for the first time and walking through a rain forest, even if the tree frogs in one part were fake. They were in reach of the walkway, I suppose it makes sense from the frogs' perspective, but odd to see a lady snapping a photo right after we'd ascertained they were, in fact, not breathing.

Also we figured out a good way to rig sheet over big bookcase in the living room for projecting movies. Die Hard 1 & 2 were great to see big. Great in that terrible way Die Hard movies are, that is. Power mullets are crazy!!!

It was lovely. I can't wait to do it again.

Also, happy Bastille Day a day late! Yay for freedom.

1 comment:

anne said...

M tells me the food was incredible. He really had a fun time. Some day, I hope to hear more about it, this past wk didn't lend itself to getting to chat about vacances!