Today marks my being in the Bay Area for a week. It's gorgeous. Completely and totally. Sally's house overlooks the bay from the towering hills of Berkeley (quite the climb on foot, I must say) and all the time it's a distracting sight. Sunset, sunrise, night or day - it's breathtaking. One can't tire of it.
I took the first few days to get over jet lag (I was so keyed up I couldn't sleep really for a few days - trekking around the hills cured that and I slept like a baby Thursday night finally). Met some of Sally's friends on Saturday, reconnected with some people I've not seen in years (with more to come). I now have a cell phone too - excitement - so the job hunting can begin in earnest. Huzzah. People are also very outwardly friendly here, lots of "hello"s as one walks, I've chatted with some dog owners and shopworkers enjoying the fact that it's easy to do linguistically - it's been a long time since that was the case. I'm thrilled because it seems like a bunch of people are coming through in the upcoming months, starting with Alojzya tomorrow. We'll have dinner (knowing chefs I also have an insider's view on eateries in this food-crazed place. It's fantastic.) and catch up, I can't wait.
Enjoy procrastination - back to job apps. Know anyone who needs a clever worker to do something with books?
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
and of course, we know now that you also have a job :)
keep an eye out for book things, am sure something will come along, even if it is book shop work :)
arms in sleeves!
mum
Glad to see a post from sunny san fran. love u lots
Welcome back. See you @ T-giving? If so, perhaps you will see the latest Farnsworth/Robinson addition.
Post a Comment