Saturday, November 10, 2007

Yet more politics

Why shouldn't we go to war in Iraq? Cheney gave some great reasons... in 1994. Perhaps it's age, perhaps it's distance, perhaps it's the fact that politics appear to get worse whenever they bring themselves to my attention. Or perhaps it's because my country is locked in a war that I don't believe in. And yet I try also not to fall into the mire of those who fuss about politics and do nothing about them as well. I've got a new student who's the director and editor in chief of a newspaper here, stay tuned for a potentially more political Bethany returning to the US this winter. But I've always liked being informed.

And I learned that Colbert stopped his bid for presidency as well. Found this reaction. Another thread to watch in the unfolding drama in ye olde homeland.

No comments: