When comedy and satire become real politics, that's something for sure. What exactly is not quite clear.... but hey, everyone seems to be running for president these days, so why not?Mr. Colbert: Are you saying that I don’t have the right to drop the T in my name? Are you saying that? Last time I checked, this was America. Or does that mean not a thing to you anymore?
Mr. Russert (holding up Bert) : Then why not call him “Ber”?
Mr. Colbert: Because that’s his choice. You’ll have to ask him. I dare you.
Mr. Russert: Are you…
Mr. Colbert: Ask him. Right now.
Mr. Russert: But why did you change your name?
Mr. Colbert: I changed my name because I knew that there were people out there who, who needed T’s.
Mr. Russert: Not comfortable in your own skin?
Mr. Colbert: Oh, I’m extremely comfortable in my own skin. I’m comfortable in other people’s skin.
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Colbert - there are people who need Ts
Who'd of thought? I enjoy Colbert, truly, and the conversation with Meet the Press sounds brilliant, including the following:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment